Bespoke Treatments: Self Myofascial Release Techniques, Part 3
Your glutes are powerful muscles. And when they’re tight, they can definitely be a pain in the butt. One way of loosening up this tight tissue is through foam rolling. Follow these steps from the experts at Bespoke Treatments to find relief.
- To begin, sit on the foam roller with one leg extended.
- Bend the other leg and place the foot flat on the floor for leverage and support.
- Place your hands on the floor behind you for support.
- Gently roll from the top of your glute (close your belt line) until you’ve moved the foam roller down several inches.
- When you find sore spots, spend extra time resting on those spots.
- Make sure you breathe deeply and exhale slowly as you roll.
- Don’t forget to switch legs.
This one may be uncomfortable. The more uncomfortable you feel, the more the area needs to be released.