Bespoke Treatments: Self Myofascial Release Techniques, Part 2
Tight IT bands are at the least an annoyance, and are often times super painful. To find pain relief, foam roll your IT band following these steps from the experts at Bespoke Treatments in New York.
- To begin, lie on your side with the foam roller positioned on the outside of the thigh.
- You can cross your top leg over your body and place your foot flat on the ground for extra support.
- Bend your supporting arm 90 degrees and position your body weight on your forearm and elbow on the ground for stability.
- Start rolling at the hip and gently roll down to just above the knee.
- When you find sore spots, spend extra time resting on those spots.
- Make sure you breathe deeply and exhale slowly as you roll.
- Don’t forget to switch legs.
This one is going to be uncomfortable. The more uncomfortable you feel, the more the area needs to be released. Be sure to hold on the sore spots for an extended time to achieve that extra release.