Bespoke Treatments: Self Myofascial Release Techniques, Part 5
As you work on strengthening—and lengthening—your muscles, don’t forget about your lats. These babies do a lot of work for your upper body, and chances are good that they could use some myofascial release. To get started, follow these steps from the experts at Bespoke Treatments.
- To begin, lie on your side with the foam roller positioned underneath your lat muscle.
- Cross the top leg over the bottom leg and place your foot flat on the ground for support.
- Extend your bottom arm along the ground for additional support.
- Gently lift your hips to place more weight on the foam roller.
- Roll back and forth to release any tension.
- Make sure you breathe deeply and exhale slowly as you roller.
For a different kind of release, try rocking at different angles—not just forward and back.